Sunday, July 8, 2007

Our Party Crasher

Tonight we had a picnic with some of Ryan's extended family at a park. There were many different groups around and right next to us was a birthday for a five-year-old. So after we had been there an hour or so, a lady came walking over and said, "Do you know who Micah's mom or dad is?" I told her it was me and she handed me a goody-bag from the party. I must have looked a little confused and she said, "He took a pretty-good swing over there." I said, "He hit the pinata?" They had a Lightning McQueen pinata and I noticed the kids taking swings at it, but didn't know my son was participating. Apparently he had just wandered over there and got in line with the other kids. Ryan had just had a big talk with him about staying at the swings and not talking to any strangers. I guess once you tell them your name they're not strangers anymore. (: On our way home in the car, Micah said, "Do you know why I had a fun day?" (Why?) "Because I got to hit the piata (that's what he calls it)!"

We often cover the basic stranger danger questions like,
What do you do if someone says, "Come here little boy, I have some candy for you."
and "Do you want some money, little boy?"
and "Your parents told me to come get you."
I guess we need to add, "Little boy, come hit the pinata."

Crazy.

No comments: