Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Aaargh!

Aaargh! I am pulling my hair out! Not that I need to, it's falling out like I'm pregnant (No, Mom. I'm not.). My most recent pet peeve is Micah saying that he's hungry. Now, coming from a family who struggles with weight issues already, we wanted to handle this carefully. We know that many times when he says he's hungry, he's just bored, but half the time he hardly eats any of his meal and then complains that he's hungry for the next three hours. I made a plan that we would have five designated eating times: 6:30AM Breakfast, 9:00AM Snack, 12:00PM Lunch, 3:00PM Snack, 5:30PM Dinner. I've had this schedule for a couple of months now, but of course he still asks when snack time will be. So, genius me, I made a chart showing the time on both clocks so that he will know when meal times are.





It worked for a day. He still likes the chart, but he still asks constantly. So today I set the oven timer and told him it will beep when it is snack time. He's still not satisfied. As of now, we have 25 minutes until snack time and he keeps asking! I tell him that I'm not going to answer that question any more and to go look at the clock. Aaargh! It doesn't help that he had about two bites of oatmeal for breakfast and said he was done. This morning I have asked him at least three times, "What should you do tomorrow?" His reply, "Eat more breakfast."

This conversation just happened. Micah looked at the timer on the oven.
M: Mom, now it's dot dot two two.
Me: Okay.
M: I'm getting really hungry, Mom.
Me: Yeah. You're going to eat a lot at snack.
M: Yeah.

I really don't want him to develop the eating habits that I have, so I'm trying to model good eating. I don't know what else to do. Aaargh!

Any suggestions???

No comments: