Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I don't want four kids...

...at least not ages 4 and under. Two of my sister's kids arrived last night to stay with us for the week while she takes the three older ones camping. Justin was going to sleep on Micah's trundle bed and Jenny on the floor in Amelia's room. We heard the girls for a good two hours after they went to bed because Amelia kept throwing her water cup and her binkies out of her bed so Jenny would give them back to her. She thought it was a great game. Jenny, however, wanted to go to sleep.

The boys were another story. Justin was really lonesome and kept crying for mommy... which made my sensitive boy cry too because he gets sad when other people cry. So they wanted to sleep in our room. (Whatever makes them go to sleep) After an hour in our room, they were playing and laughing still, so I told Micah he had to go back to his room. So he went to sleep on the trundle because he really wanted to and Justin was in our room. He went right to sleep. For the next hour Justin cried that he missed Mommy and wanted to go back to his "other room". We called his Dad and they talked for a while and then I made a deal with Justin. I said he could go back into Micah's room, but he would have to sleep on Micah's bed (because Micah was on his) and he would have to be very quiet because Micah was already sleeping. He agreed to this and I put him in the room. We never heard another peep until morning. Whew!

This morning started out great. I took a shower while Ryan started making Chocolate-chip pancakes with whip cream. I came down and served breakfast. Justin ate a whole chocolate chip! They finished and played while Amelia took a nap at 7:00. The kids promptly woke her up at 8:30.

*****I've never written this much. Can you tell I'm trying to avoid them?*****

We were going to go to the free movie at 10:00 so I started packing the car at 9:00 (anxious, do you think?). We got to the movie and made it through a half hour of it before Micah and Amelia were done with it. So we headed back out to the car. I got the kids buckled in and got into the car with a big sigh and promptly called Ryan to see if there was any way he could take a day off this week. He's taking Thursday off and his sister, Kristen is taking tomorrow off to come help. I think I'll survive now.

They're great kids. So sweet and well-behaved... any mom with four kids under four would want these four. Its just me. God didn't wire me for this. I enjoy it once in a while but am physically and mentally exhausted when its over.

3 comments:

Colette said...

Wait...how do you know LUKE? He's a good friend of mine too!!! This is too crazy!

Kandi said...

We sang in First Light together in high school. How do you know him?

LEstes65 said...

Whew! I have only two. That sounds like way more than a hand full. I'm always amazed at moms that can handle more than two little ones. I bet you did an amazing job and gave all four of them fun memories!