Friday, July 6, 2007

dream

Last night Micah came into our room at about 4:00 and told me in detail about his scary dream.
M: There was a man looking at me in my window, and do you know who it was? It was the cat in the hat, and he did this (Micah covered his eyes with both hands and then opened them up slowly to peek out).
Me: That sounds scary. Lets go back into your room and get cozy.
M: But the scary dream will come back (whimpering).
Ryan: You can pray that Jesus will help you to have good dreams or no dreams at all.
M: (Still whimpering) Okay. You pray Mom.
So I prayed and we walked back to his room and he got in his bed.
M: I just wish I could have good dreams like playing in the pool or going to the park.
We talked for a minute about other good things to dream about and then I left and he went to sleep. He didn't have any more dreams after that.

I may have said this before, but I don't like his dreams. I can't be there to protect him. Maybe its like practice for when he is in the real world. What will he do when he gets scared? Will he pray and ask God for help? Am I equipping him to be brave or to just come running to me? I hope that I am teaching him to put on the armor of God.

No comments: