Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Handy Kandi

Micah likes the show "Handy Manny." That's where this title came from.



I've been using my birthday present a lot lately and wanted to show you my latest project. Our fireplace is a very... I'll use the word, unique... looking structure. It obviously used to have a wood-burning stove and then you would store the wood for it on the side where the extra bricks are. Someone in this house before us installed a gas stove and now the whole thing just looks awkward. I thought a mantle on the fire place would "ground it" (a phrase I learned from HGTV) a little more. I'm also trying to tie more black accents into the room. Here it is...





You can't even tell that some of my "measurements" (this word is in quotations because I don't really measure) were completely off and I had to cut and paste a little. A little putty and paint can cover up almost anything.

1 comment:

Miss Erika said...

I absolutely love it, Handy Kandi! That name rings so well, you should have your own show on HGTV!