Friday, August 15, 2008

thoughts on marriage and family

A couple of days ago Micah was talking about when he and Bailey get married (he's really set on this).
I said, "I really hope you marry someone who believes in God."
Micah said (very matter-of-fact) "She will by then, Mom. But if she doesn't, I won't marry her. Don't worry, Mom. But its MY choice! I get to marry whoever I want!"

Then the yesterday we were driving in the car and this conversation happened:
I asked, "Micah, when you and Bailey get married, how many babies are you going to have?"
Micah said, "Maybe just one, because I don't know how to get two... But its Bailey's idea, its all her idea. (I figured out he meant she'll choose how many babies they have)
I didn't pursue the conversation because I wasn't ready to answer the questions that would probably come next.

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

He's completely right. It's up to the wife.