Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Potty Training...

Oh the joys!

Disclaimer: this is probably too much information, so read on if you dare.

This week the kids are at Jessie's because I am taking a class at WOU. We've been going to Monmouth as a family and the kids and I will drop Ryan off at work and then I'll take the kids to Jessie's before going to my class. Jessie has been working with Amelia on potty training and I am just thrilled. I've been working with her at home to, but up until today she wouldn't go at home. Here is how the week has evolved.

Monday: I put Amelia on the potty first thing in the morning... nothing. She goes 3 times at Jessie's, only has one accident and stays dry through her nap. We come home and I put her on the potty... nothing. Not one minute later she comes back wet and says she needs to go potty.

Tuesday: I put her on the potty first thing... nothing. She goes 5 times at Jessie's, one accident and dry through her nap! We pick Ryan up at work and she says she needs to go (Micah just went, so I think she didn't want to be left out). Reluctantly, we put the potty in the back of the van and wait... 15 minutes!... nothing. Get home (still dry, whew!) and put her on the potty again...45 more minutes before she actually goes. Hooray! I knew she had to have something in there since she hadn't gone since 4:15 and it was now 6:30! She ate her dinner on the potty too! We were gonna keep her there until something came out.

Here's a picture of her eating her mac 'n cheese on the potty! Oh, the joys!



1 comment:

Freckles and Frogs said...

Okay that is the funniest commentary and dinner picture! I love it! Thanks for sharing!