Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the hunter

We had a fun 4th at Detroit Lake. We decided to head home after the fireworks on Saturday instead of staying another night (we wanted to sleep in our own beds). We left about 11:00 on Saturday night. As we drove off, Micah started talking about a fish that he caught but had to throw back in because it was too small. It didn't make it because it swallowed the hook too deep. He was kind-of sad because of that. Anyway, the conversation moved on and Micah said, "Dad, Jordon thinks you hunt."
Ryan: "Why does he think that?"
M: I told him you have a gun.
Ryan: I don't have a gun.
M: Yes! You have the hot glue gun. I told Jordon it was a hot-glue gun, but he thinks you hunt.

It makes you wonder... What else do people think we do???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Ryan's mom, I knew he was not a hunter, but I didn't know he was packin' heat! What a correlation of thoughts that Micah put together.

Anonymous said...

So funny, I never heard about that conversation! I'll be sure to correct Jordon's vision of Ryan. As much as Jordon enjoys his hamburgers, he's just heartbroken at the idea of people actually killing animals, so I can only imagine that conversation. Knowing that Ryan doesn't spend his weekends blowing animals away will probably set his mind at ease ;)
I'll tell him, rather, that Ryan is a crafting machine :)