Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Amelia

Tonight the kids were out in the little wading pool on the deck cleaning up after eating fudge-cicles. (Amelia looked like she had been attacked by one.) They were in the pool and arguing over the floatie-tube thing. Amelia had been using it and then she let Micah have a turn and now she wanted it back.
A: I had it first!
M: Its my turn. I'm playing with it!
A: You know what the Bible says...
Ryan: What does the Bible say, Amelia?
A: I don't know?
Micah: Do all things without complaining or arguing.

Explanation: A couple of weeks ago we were all in the car listening to K103 and Ryan and I noticed that they both knew all the words to one of the songs. It wasn't a bad song, but it reminded me of what sponges they are. I started playing the "Hide 'em in your Heart" cds in the car. They are CDs of bible verses put to songs. In the song for "Do all things without complaining or arguing," there is a section in the middle where the kids are arguing and a little girl jumps in with, "Hey, guys! You know what the Bible says..." Amelia loves this part in the song and apparently knew how to put it into the context of real conversation.

Now, don't think my kids are angels because they know a bible verse. Amelia can talk the talk, but has some trouble walking the walk. Specifically... walking. She much prefers to have me carry her... especially when my arms are full of things. Yesterday she didn't get to go swimming because of the fits she threw as I was insisting on her walking. Today she was a piece of work. Maybe I'll remember to bring that verse up next time she has an episode.

No comments: