Monday, January 21, 2008

So concerned

This morning we were running some errands as a family and first we swung through the bank to deposit a check. As we were stopped at the drive-thru ATM, Micah said, "Dad, you're going to have to teach me how to do that too."

After the bank we went a couple of places and passed the hospital. Micah remembers it as the place where we got Amelia. He often refers to it as the place where the babies live. Here is how the conversation followed:
M: How do the people at the hospital make the babies?
Ryan: They don't make the babies, God does. They just help get the babies out of the mommy's tummies.
M: No, I'm talking about when Amelia was born. Are you talking about when I was born?
Ryan: No, I'm talking about Amelia's hospital.
M: Remember, I looked out the window and I saw the river?
Ryan: Right, that was when we came to the hospital when Amelia was still in Mommy's tummy. Then Grandma came and picked you up. While you were gone, the doctors helped get Amelia out of Mommy's tummy and when Grandma brought you back you got to see her.
M: But how do they make the babies?

1 comment:

Miss Erika said...

Good luck with that one! If I know Micah well, I doubt he will let go of the question until he gets a good answer that makes more sense.