Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A new "mom feeling"

Watching my kids, I've become more aware of how incredibly unique God makes every person... things that are innate to a child. For example, Amelia LOVES her babies. She is constantly feeding, burping and kissing them. About a week ago, she started a new bedtime routine. When we go into her room at night, she has to turn her nightlight on, then she goes over to her baby cradle, lifts her baby out, puts her back in and covers her with a blanket, then leans over and kisses her, then rocks the cradle furiously. After that we do prayers and put her to bed. I didn't teach her to do all that. She has this incredible nurturing quality. Micah, on the other hand is a natural leader. He helps Amelia learn new things and he is so gentle in how he teaches her. He shows her how to do something and then lets her try it herself. My heart melts when I watch them play together. They have this amazing love for each other. I could never have imagined this kind of "mom feeling."

2 comments:

Miss Erika said...

I think your meds are working really well!! (just kidding) I'm thrilled to hear such a positive and sweet mom story. So much of your kids' character is probably due to your great modeling!

Anonymous said...

Micah is so much like Ryan it is almost spooky. Ryan was always so gentle and kind to Kristen. Kristen is also the nurturing type, like Amelia (or is that Meena?). We kind of like Meena. Maybe Amelia will go into nursing? With parents like the two of you, we know your kids will be very successful in whatever they do.