Saturday, September 15, 2007

My heart is heavy...

My heart is heavy tonight. On Saturday nights I volunteer in the 2nd and 3rd grade classes at church. There is a 3rd grade girl who attends our church that is very sick at OHSU. I got an update from our group leader and things don't look good. Her parents have some tough decisions to make. I read through her whole caringbridge site tonight and my heart just breaks at the thought of what these parents must be going through. Please keep her in your prayers. Here is a link to her caringbridge site and to the article that was in the Statesman Journal.

I fixed the link. The caring bridge site works now. (:

3 comments:

LEstes65 said...

OH my goodness. I don't even have WORDS. That is amazingly heart breaking. I'm just sitting here shaking my head praying, "God...God...God!" I will keep them in my prayers. Bless you for bringing them to our attention.

Miss Erika said...

It sure puts our daily small trials in perspective. Keep us updated Kandi. Thanks.

Rosie said...

I find it amazing how having James has increased my level of compassion (and fear). In the past I would have felt sorrow for this family now my heart breaks for them. It reminds me how ungrateful I am for my child good health. Sometimes it's hard to remember that God is good ALL the time.