Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Micah's Throat

Last night Micah was crying so I went into his room. He said (in his best half-asleep whiny voice, "I fink I have a sore froat."
Me: You probably do honey, I'm sorry. (He's been sniffling and having cold symptoms) Do you want a drink of water?
He got a drink
Me: Does it hurt when you swallow?
M: No
Me: (remembering a previous conversation) Where does it hurt?
M: Right here, on my tummy.

**Rewind** About six months ago Micah had been taking cold medicine and when he got better he still wanted some. We were explaining that this medicine was only for sore throats and headaches. Immediately he had a sore throat and was holding his hip. I said, "Micah, where is your throat?" He looks at me and points to his hip with a look of Am I right? No. He points to his tummy, then his head, then his elbow. We never did tell him where his throat was, I just assumed he knew by now.

No comments: