Thursday, September 6, 2007

A good busy

My mom called last night when I was at worship team practice and left a message with Ryan saying, "Make sure she's not too busy to update her blog." Okay, Mom. I'm trying...

We have been busy. Yesterday was my first day of school with kids and I had the best day of my life. I love my job! I know I wouldn't have believed it seven years ago if someone told me how much fun I would be having now. I already know 80% of the kids names, and thanks to a trick another music teacher taught me, I think I'll have the first graders down by next week! Its amazing how much easier classroom management is when you know the kids' names. (is that correct punctuation, mom?)

Micah and Amelia still love going to Jessie's and we've got a pretty good schedule worked out this year. I feel like I am the luckiest person in the world. I have the best husband that anyone could ever ask for (all he wants is for me to be happy). My kids are amazing and I love the time I spend with them. My job is challenging and SO fun. I get to drive to work by myself and have a little quiet time 4 days a week. I get to sing at church again (I've missed that for the last year and a half). And... medication is working great! What more could you ask for?

Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1

3 comments:

Colette said...

I'd love to know your trick for learning names. I have to remember names all the time for my job and do okay with it, but it's still hard!

FrisbyMtn said...

Your thankful heart is just precious! Being thankful is important because it reminds us that we really are not self sufficient. Realizing this truth positions us to receive the blessings of the Lord with humility. Someone once said that thankfulness lifts our eyes to see the goodness of God, and our expression of gratitude unites us God Himself.

Psalm 92:1 says this in The Message: What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you... the High God! To announce your love each daybreak and sing your faithful presence all through the night.

Keep writing. I'll be reading ;D

Miss Erika said...

I just say "Amen"! I'm so glad you are enjoying all aspects of life right now. I'm thankful for you!
-Erika