Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our trip to San Francisco

Last Thursday Ryan and I flew to San Francisco to attend a friend's wedding. We arrived Thursday morning and spent the day in Livermore (where my aunt and uncle live... we stayed at their house). On Friday we rode the BART into the city and took a tour of the Giants' stadium and then took a tour of Alcatraz. It was a really fun day. We were hurting by the end, though. I mapped out our route and figured that we walked 6.6 miles through San Francisco. That doesn't even count the walking at the stadium or at Alcatraz. We had intended to take the Cable Car from down town to Fisherman's Wharf, but the line was so long we decided to walk. Here is the route we took.
Incredible views from the Giants' Stadium:



The wedding, of course was beautiful. It was at a winery north of San Francisco. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to.

2 comments:

LEstes65 said...

Ahhh...the city of my birth. I love that city. I have lots of family and friends there yet I hardly get out there. I envy your trip!!!

Tim said...

I happen to know Luke too. In fact, I went to college with him, sang with him, and used to run sound for the group he was in (Rescue). You should come to church so you can say that you go to church at work, er...school.