Saturday, March 15, 2008

no contacts

This morning we were running errands when I started to tell Ryan that Micah told me he knew how to read:
Me: Micah told me the other day that he knew how to read because he saw a sign that said "no skateboarding on the sidewalk" and he knew what it said.
M: I do know how to read!
Me: I think you're good at using context clues (there was a picture of a skateboarder with a slash through it).
M: I don't even need contacts, because I can see everything!


Tonight I was praying with Amelia. She loves to pray, so we usually say the words and she repeats them. A typical prayer is something like, "Dear Jesus, thank you for Daddy, thank you for mommy, thank you for Micah, thank you for loving me, help me to sleep good, help me to feel better, A........men." I wanted to see if she could pray a little on her own. I prompted her, "What are you gonna say?"
A: Dear Jesus,
Me: Thank you for...
A: Thank you... Jessie
Me: Who else?
A: Thank you... Buddy (I think this may have been Bailey).
A.......men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that just makes me feel so darn special....you just gave my face a big ol' smile!