Sunday, March 9, 2008

Croup

I never knew what it was until last night at about 12:30 when I was on the phone with a nurse. Amelia started crying and coughing last night, so I went down to cover her up and make sure she was okay and I sat there watching and listening to her breathe. She sounded awful. She had this horrible wet sound when she took a breath and then she sounded like a seal when she coughed. I went back to bed and layed awake for about 15 minutes until she started coughing again and decided to call the doctor. It was a very scary night especially because Ryan is out of town. The website I read said that the 2nd or 3rd night of it are usually the worst. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm trying to figure out what to do if I have to go to the ER tonight. So this morning we went grocery shopping and stopped at Walgreens to pick up a humidifier. I planned to get the cheapest one, but somehow the kids talked me into getting the Winnie the Pooh humidifier. It was not the cheapest one.

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

I hate those moments. It seems like there are so many horrible coughs going around. My flu and cough moved into a sinus infection and still a cough.