Saturday, May 19, 2007

Prayers for my kids

I heard on the radio the other day that God might wake you up to pray for your kids. So when I woke up at 5:30 the other morning, that's what I did. These are the things that I felt urged to pray for:

I pray that Amelia will find her identity completely in you. That she would not seek approval from the world, but that she will find her worth in being a child of God. I pray that she will be one of those people who ooze your love and goodness, that people will be drawn to her because they feel a little bit closer to you when they come in contact with her. Give her the desire to be friends with the friendless and to show your love to those who so desperately need it.

I pray that Micah will speak your truth with confidence. He desires to know you, to serve you, and to do what is right. Give me the wisdom to teach him about you in words that he understands and give him the courage to share that truth and your incredible grade with everyone he comes in contact with. I pray that he will live out your truth in everything he does and says.

I've heard it many times, but the Lord has really impressed on me how important it is that I pray for my children. I plan to put those prayers on my blog. Thanks for reading a bit of this mother's heart.

No comments: