Thursday, November 27, 2008

Night #3...

Not dry at all. I got him up about 10:00 and he had already wet the bed. Then again about 4:00 in the morning. Here is what I've learned from my scientific experiment...
1. He does pee in his sleep
2. He can get a lot out before bed.
3. He is a HEAVY sleeper. We can take him to the bathroom and he has no memory of it.
4. He's not just being lazy (glad I never told him that).
I think we will go back to pull ups for awhile. I don't mind using them if I know they're needed. But somebody, PLEASE tell me how to get rid of that horrible stale pee smell in our bathroom? (I know, emptying the garbage of the FULL pull-ups would help.)

3 comments:

Freckles and Frogs said...

I don't know! Wish I had some good adivse! Maybe Santa can bring some extra twin bed sheet sets for you guys!

Christy said...

This is what we did with Reagan. I layered her sheets on her bed with waterproof mattress covers. So this is how it goes, bare mattress: waterproof cover, fitted twin sheet, waterproof cover, fitted twin sheet, waterproof cover, fitted twin sheet.
She changes herself and I change the bed. Most nights she is dry, but when she goes through a growth spurt she wets the bed on and off for about 1 to 2 weeks. In the beginning we would take her at 10:30pm and when Tim left for work about 5am. He'll get it!!

Kandi said...

Christy,
You're so smart! I never thought of that! What an easy way to do it. Also, most of the sheets are huge so they fit those thick mattresses and he only has a really thin one, so that would be perfect. And Mia has an extra set of sheets for me. Thanks!