Friday, September 26, 2008

poison control

Yes, I called it. I haven't had to for over a year, but tonight Amelia bit into one of those glow bracelets. We were sitting in the car while Ryan ran into the grocery store and I looked back and saw the crease of her mouth glowing along with her fingers. It didn't bother her right away, but then it must have gotten into her mouth. She cried pretty hard. The lady at poison control said that it probably burns like hot pepper or something but its not toxic or anything like that. phew! At the end of the call they always ask for your zip code, your name and the child's name. I wonder if they've logged all of the times I've called and are like, hmm, she's the one who sprayed ant spray on the baby bottles and her kid ate desitin. I can't remember the other reasons I've called, but they always make me feel better.

6 comments:

Christy said...

I asked them if they keep track and she said oh we keep track of how many calls we get and the type of call. I asked if I called too many times would you turn me into the state because my Mom told they would. She told me that they do not turn people over to the state...phew!!!

Freckles and Frogs said...

I had to call once when E age a couple large handfuls of red glitter. The woman was trying not to laugh as she told me it wasn't toxic but could hurt coming out the other end! I bet they love the calls they get!

Freckles and Frogs said...

Oops, I meant he ATE a couple large handfuls of glitter!

* said...

OMG! I wondered the same thing when I had to call twice for Lily in a week. She sucked on one of those things full of little balls in shoe boxes, they are meant to keep dampness out...FYI not poisonous. And then again for when she swallowed some Irish Spring soap..I was sure theyd come over and take her. LOL...they didnt.

Freckles and Frogs said...

Okay, so I tried to change my background and couldn't figure it out. I know I'm lame, but do you have any tips?

Christy said...

We bought a glow stick for Reagan over the weekend, and I thought of you guys the whole time.