Wednesday, June 18, 2008

summer...

is going great! Okay, I know we've only had 3 official (non-school) days, but if you know me, you know I get very uneasy about the thought of summer. As much as I look forward to the warm days and sunshine, I get scared at the thought of being home all day with my kids. I tried it for a year when Micah was born and just about checked myself into the mental hospital. I couldn't take it. I don't think God wired me that way. Anyway, this summer I am teaching swim lessons at the athletic club and it has been going beautifully. This week I'm teaching from 11:00-12:30, so we usually do something in the morning, then we go to the club, come home and have lunch, naps and then play until dinner when Ryan gets home. Its perfect for me because I function so much better with a pre-set schedule. I'm not a very good self-motivator. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work out before I teach from 9:15-10:15, then take the kids outside for a snack and then teach lessons.

Here are some pictures of our recent smores evening on the deck...


No comments: