Friday, December 7, 2007

Midnight Baths

are apparently not as much fun as they seem, especially when you have to get throw-up washed out of your hair. Here is how it all went down: Yesterday, Amelia ate nothing for breakfast, nothing for lunch, and one chicken nugget from McDonalds for dinner. We didn't think much of it, she probably had crackers during hearts at home and I know she had some at Jessie's. She went to bed fine last night and about 1AM she screamed, so Ryan went down and yes, she had thrown up all over her hair and her pajamas. There was hardly any in the crib. So, I whisked her up to the bathtub. Here is how the conversation went:
me: Do you want to take a bath?
A: yeah. (in a pathetic, whiny, tired voice)
me: Should we start the water?
A: yeah.
I lift her up over and into the tub.
me: Is it too hot?
A: yeah.
I feel the water, its perfectly luke-warm.
me: No its not, its fine.
A: yeah.
me: Should we get the toys?
A: yeah.
me: Here they are, do you want to play with the pandas?
A: yeah.
I put them on the side of the tub, she doesn't touch them.
me: Are you a tired girl?
A: yeah.
I wash her up, clean her off and she never touches the toys.
me: Are you ready to get out?
A: yeah. (she's NEVER ready to get out of the tub)
me: Should we dry you off?
A: yeah.
me: Should we get some warm jammies on?
A: yeah.
Then finally, the sheets were changed, Ryan had started laundry and we were almost ready to put her back to bed. She grabs her blanket and binkie and says, "nigh-night." We pick her up and pray again.
me: It's time to go nigh-night.
A: no.

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

Poor girl. I hate seeing Tyson when he's got the flu.