Sunday, December 9, 2007

Babies are like dishes...

let me explain:
You know when a dish has had food on it for a period of hours and you try to wash it off, it doesn't come off so easily? You start by scrubbing, realizing that you would have to use your finger nails to get all of the stuck-on stuff off, you decide to soak it in soapy water instead. Babies are the same way. When they have diarrhea sometime during the night and you don't know it until the next morning when it has climbed all the way up the back and down the legs, a swipe of the wet-wipe is not going to do the job. I put Amelia in the bath about 5:45 this morning and started to wipe with a washcloth and soon realized that it was not working. I decided to lather her up with soap and just let her soak. It worked much better. I did have to cover her body in diaper-rash cream, though. It looked almost like a burn all over her bottom and up her back. I felt so sorry for her. She spent the day snuggled up with somebody. Clearly, she's not feeling well.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Kandi Dandy,
I love all of your stories. thanks for making me smile!
Love from Chicagoland!