Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

There is little point in trying to catch up after 6 months without blogging - I'm sure we created many wonderful memories, achieved milestones and had a generally merry time, but we must move forward. You've gotta go forward to go back.

We celebrated New Years Eve in Clackamas with a rousing family game of Trouble and some Martinelli's sparking apple cider and fresh cookies from New Seasons. The kids were all in bed by 8 and Kandi and I were asleep by 10. I did awaken briefly to hear fireworks at what I presume was midnight. I continue to stand by my long-standing belief that I need not stay up til midnight to greet the new year as it should still be the new year when I wake up.

After a breakfast at McDonalds (so much for that healthy eating resolution - glad it lasted almost 8 hours into the new year), we headed to OMSI. I've never been to OMSI with so few visitors - it was a great time and we spent awhile playing with all the different active options. For Salem friends with Gilbert House membership - your membership gets you in to OMSI for free - a great deal if you head to Portland.

Brody has started standing up all by himself tonight for seconds at a time. Hopefully we'll catch some photos or video soon to post. Blessings to all for a memorable 2011!

No comments: