Thursday, November 19, 2009

The casts come on


On Wednesday we took Brody to the orthopedist for a check-up to see how the stretching worked. He asked if I saw a difference and I said I really didn't. The doctor didn't see much of a difference either, so he decided to put him in one set of casts for two weeks to stretch the feet out. We've had one full day of casts and already we are counting down the days. Boy, I'm glad we don't have to do the full 9 or so weeks of casts. The plaster is pretty sharp at the top of his legs so we've been trying different things to cushion it. I bought a pair of plain white leg warmers and tucked the top of them into the casts. This picture shows the casts with the leg warmers on. I'm amazed that he can actually pick his legs up and move them. He seems to be adjusting well, though he fusses a bit more and I have to think some of it must be frustration.

2 comments:

Freckles and Frogs said...

Oh he just warms my heart! I think you should make some super cute and fun leg warmers for him! You're so creative and he's only going to let you put them on him now! :)

I am thankful it's a short week!

Jen said...

Wow, those are serious casts! Hang in there! And I love the leg warmer idea. How about some with trucks?!