Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I guess I AM that mom...

Micah had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday. Ryan took the morning off so he could take him and pick him up. Meanwhile I was at my school getting ready for the day when it hit me. I just started crying. My baby is in kindergarten. This has become one of the many things that has surprised me about being a mom. I've never had a problem letting go... leaving them in the nursery at church, sending them to daycare for the first time, preschool, it's all a natural progression and part of growing up. Kindergarten should be too, right? (do you see why we call him jack-o-lantern?)




In other news, this afternoon we head up to Portland to meet with the pediatric orthopedist to discuss the treatment once little Hoopty (that's what Amelia says we're going to name him) is born.

1 comment:

Freckles and Frogs said...

The pictures of both kids on their first day of school are adorable! I bawled that mroning taking pictures. Then we got to the class room and I was holding it together okay (not great), then Ethan started melting down and threw a grand fit, so I never did have my crying moment. Well, when we picked him up and he came out of the school looking so big and proud of him self, but searching for us in the sea of kids, I cried then! :)

Hope the preg is going well. Thinking of you all often!