Saturday, May 3, 2008

Who taught my son how to be passive-aggressive?

Was it you? Because, let me tell you, its really fun (that was sarcastic). It must be working for him somewhere, but I'm not putting up with it here. Here is a typical conversation:
M: I really wish I could have some fruit snacks.
Me: (silence)
M: I REALLY wish I could have some fruit snacks.
Me: (silence)
M: Mom, I said I really wish I could have some fruit snacks!
Me: Oh. Were you wanting to ask a question? How about, "Mom, could I please have some fruit snacks?"
M: Mom, could I please have some fruit snacks?
Me: No, honey. We're going to have lunch in a half-hour, but thanks for asking so nicely.

I think we had a conversation similar to this about 8 times yesterday. That was fun. (again, sarcastic... they really should make a sarcastic font. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, he does the same thing here! I was going to ask you guys about that. FYI- I reply the exact same way that you do, so at least we know he's getting consistency! :)