Saturday, October 27, 2007

Wow!

Tonight at church I got to pray with three kids to ask Jesus to be their forever friend!!! The second and third graders had a salvation message during Sunday School and then we went back to our small groups to talk about it more. While we were talking, one of the kids asked who the next person was after Adam and Eve. I reminded them about Cain and Abel and told them that it lists all the people in Genesis. One kid said, "Even our names." I reminded him that the Bible was written before we were born, so no, our names are not in the Bible, but there is a book that has all of our names in it. I told them about the "Book of Life" and how our names are written in it when we become forever friends with God. One kid said, "I wanna get my name in THAT book!" It was really fun and a great reminder of why I spend that time with those kids. I'm still amazed that God would use someone like me, but I'm glad he does.

2 comments:

Colette said...

AWESOME! Now that's encouraging...;o)

Miss Erika said...

Very exciting!